Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought this bike in sept 03 with 1500 miles on it,pipes had been changed and jets were taken up 2 sizes according to owner plugs were fouling out after a tank and ahalf need some help ichanged plugs up 1 step hotter but have heard alot of different opinions about this

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

go back to the original plug - and go back to the carb and make sure its jetted correctly and air/fuel mix is right -

the #2 cylinder is famous for fouling on these bikes even stock

sounds more like too rich a mix to me rather than the wrong plug

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
what jet kit ? what settings did you go with on the needle and air/fuel screw ? might want to try the hotter plug for now but FINE TUNING is the answer.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Like Biko said ,check the jetting . You can run one hotter in the rear jug . Run some sea foam thru a couple of tanks it will clean up the carb. an help burn out the carbon. The 800 like's to run on cheap fuel 87 octane , anything else tends to carbon up on the 800.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Was the air cleaner changed along with pipes/jets? If you rejet with the stock airbox, you can foul the plugs because of a too-rich mixture. I'd also check the filter element and make sure it is clean. It could be that it's not getting enough air, rather than too much fuel. Two sides of the same coin, but you know what I mean. I put a hotter plug (CR6E instead of stock 7E's) in my 800. Unfortunately, did it at the same time as the air/jet/pipes mod so don't know how much difference it makes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts