Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this 4 wheeler given to me. After 16 dollars, it runs. Now onto the problem. It has reverse but no forward gears. If you try to put it in high, it just grinds. If you try to put it in low, it locks the rear end up. I did some searching on the forum, but I haven"t found anyone with a similar issue. Any help is always appreciated. If it helps, it has 1278 miles and 219 hours. The only mods are ITP wheels and tires and a K&N filter

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Take a look at the parts diagrams on Kawasaki.com. Pay particular attention to the gear change mechanism.

Usually this is a problem of adjustment of the shift linkage.

Also take a look at the diagrams for the transmission. If the shift fork on the shift rod fails you can lock into reverse and then be unable to move in any other gear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take a look at the parts diagrams on Kawasaki.com. Pay particular attention to the gear change mechanism.

Usually this is a problem of adjustment of the shift linkage.

Also take a look at the diagrams for the transmission. If the shift fork on the shift rod fails you can lock into reverse and then be unable to move in any other gear.
I will take a look at it. I call my self looking at the shifter but I didn't see any thing out of place or bent. Although, without having anything to go by, there may be something bent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took a look at the shifter yesterday and it is something in the transmission. I got the motor out of it last night but I won't be able to tear it down until Saturday. I will report back on what the problem is. Thanks for the suggestions RCW.

·
Registered
165 Posts
not sure if it's ok to advertise other websites here but if you go to kawieriders.com. there are 100's of good folks there that have helped me with all my kawie atvs. they also told me about this site when i bought the vulcan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts