Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02' KX 125 that has about 20 hours on it. When I bought it from the dealer it ran very rich! It blew black splooge out of the tail pipe! It was also fouling plugs pretty bad. All the jetting was stock, it had a #350 main, #45 pilot, and the needle clip was in the third or middle position. I live at about 4800 feet above sea level with an average temp of 80-90 degrees. Well, I adjusted the jets to what I believed to be correct. #330 main, #40 pilot, and moved the needle to the leanest position. The plug looks good. But I noticed that when I would give it throttle very quickly it would cut out. It seems to me that it won't take the throttle if it is hammered on. If I use the throttle slower it makes all the transitions to full throttle quite well. Is it posible that it could be to lean in one of the circuits. If so, does anyone know which would be the culprit

·
Registered
741 Posts
It seems you have posted this twice in different forums...I replied to the other duplicate post.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
CLIP

move the clip one position and see if it helps or makes it worse...I would think it is running a little lean now...or you have a gas line sucking in a little air...if your clamps are tight try the clip. I just solved my air seeping into the gas line on my old 250 2 stroke...with a new plastic instead of rubber line and a clamp to keep it tight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts