Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally am posting some pics of my '02 Nomad. (Geez, twenty years in computers and I can't work a digital camera.......). Anyway, not the most horsepower-heavy of bikes, but beautiful and comfortable - a real head-turner.....

Enjoy
:smile:

br

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
in all fairness, you should really supply a box of tissues for those of us who start drooling over a sweet ride. I'm particular to the black over red scheme...very nice

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx, spok ...
Love the '04 Vulcan, almost bought one but it was sold out from under me - same color as yours. I like my retro-styled ride, though. I get lots of nice comments around here. Next up - I'm going to rip the stock air system out and replace with a 40's teardrop Thunder air kit.

Kyhick1, I had a Honda cb550-four back in the day (70's) - thought it was the best bike ever! I'll bet you love your 550.....

·
37,387 Posts
brancher said:
Love the '04 Vulcan, almost bought one but it was sold out from under me - same color as yours.
How can that be, my salesman told me that I'd be the only one with that paint scheme....lol :grin:

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
IMHO....The Vulcans just have a great classic look that is easy to fall in love with. I'm in love with mine....and everyone else's I see. :)

Very Nice....and you did a good job with the digital camera. ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice lookin' ride!

As soon as I looked at the scenary in the background I thought, "Hey, that looks like Eastern N. Carolina." Weird. I lived around the Outer Banks for awhile a couple years ago.

Cheers.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I've been here for about a year and a half. Great place to ride, not too many crazies (except on Friday afternoons and during tourist season)....I live right on Currituck Sound - good for boating, kayaking, etc.

Thanks!

·
Sprinting G-Man
4,169 Posts
Brancher,
I have the 04 Nomad. I love it. I really like the look of the bike with a solo seat. Looks low and clean. I'm thinking of setting mine up like that. Awesome ride.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Brancher,

Beautiful bike. I'd love to be able to switch from solo to two-up, but my rear fender has that bracket on it for the passenger sear, I guess I could put one of those rails on it. What kind of pipes are those and how do you like em?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

yep-black and red is purty!! very nice :wink:

·
Registered
309 Posts
You guys with those Nomads are killing me. I want one. The black and red is the best.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nadmeister said:
Hey Brancher,

Beautiful bike. I'd love to be able to switch from solo to two-up, but my rear fender has that bracket on it for the passenger sear, I guess I could put one of those rails on it. What kind of pipes are those and how do you like em?
Thanks. I went ahead and bought a Corbin passenger pillion with the solo seat. It doesn't use the stock passenger bracket - just hooks to the center bolt and sits there. I'm getting ready to put a Yamaha rear fender rack (Roadstar) on the back fender for solo riding. The whole switch from solo to 2-up using this configuration is only 10 minutes or less.

I'd also like to get a short (mini) backrest, but Kawasaki makes it difficult to take those off and put 'em on again. I wish there was a quick-disconnect passenger backrest or a flange set I could use to adapt a backrest to.

The pipes are Cobra slashcuts. I really like 'em. They provide a healthy sound without being obnoxious - better (and lighter) than the stock system. Good roll-on sound, very clean, and only a low rumble at speed. Only drawback I see is the baffles are not removable like hte V&H's - so the sound is pretty much not alterable, and they are not as loud (so I'm told)..

Thanks for the kind words.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, All. Moto - funny, I was just sitting here thinking "You guys with those Meanies are killing me....." ;-)

·
37,387 Posts
brancher said:
Thanks, All. Moto - funny, I was just sitting here thinking "You guys with those Meanies are killing me....." ;-)
To be part of this...you all with the Nomads and Meanies are Killing me. I need to take on 2 part time jobs on top of the full time one I have so that I can add to the stable with a Meanie and a Nomad

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
spok said:
To be part of this...you all with the Nomads and Meanies are Killing me. I need to take on 2 part time jobs on top of the full time one I have so that I can add to the stable with a Meanie and a Nomad
Maybe we should do - like - timeshares???

1 - 20 of 29 Posts