Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to trade my '04 1500 for a pre-owned '03 1600. The '03 with little over 8000 miles and has been upgraded with pipes/jet kit, windscreen, lightbar, crashbars, highway pegs, passenger backrest, saddlebags and more.

I can get into this deal for almost an even trade at the dealer. What I want to know is, I have seen somewhere on the forum the list of recalls of the 1600's, can somebody tell me what these are so that i can be assured that they have been addressed before I try to make the deal.

Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
- Oil filter
- Fan fuse
- Muffler bracket (US models only)

The oil filter has an adapter seated between it and the engine (or so I've read) and should be seen under the engine. Fuse should be 15 amps instead of 10 (can also be checked under the right side cover).

Now, these recalls are made on some bikes. Mine hasn't been at the dealers and I believe there isn't any major reasons for that. From what I've heard, one guy had the oil filter change shape and leak oil when the pressure valve let him down (a 1600 Mean Streak). But these kind of accidents haven't happened very often... at least I haven't heard any.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Depending on how many miles are on your bike, spok, this sounds like a sweet deal. Good luck, and let us know how you make out with it.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking its a good deal too. I asked before and I believe he said the mileage is about 8000 or so but I could be mistaken.

I am a bit concerned why it was decked out and traded but I'll ask the question. They do sell Victories there so I'm guessing he went for one of those.

Thanks for the list VN, its what I've seen before.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

go for it spok - you'll be glad you did :wink:
8k is nothing on these bikes-and with all those upgrades :shock:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts