Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a wrecked 636 at an auction and it wont start. The people at the auction said they saw people riding it around the yard. I think some one tampered with it so it wouldn't start so they could buy it cheaper. This is what I was wondering, is there something that they could mess with that would kill the ignition? I already found the fuel pump unplugged but I still dont have any spark. It cranks all day long but wont fire. none of the controls are damaged and it has been seen running. is there a tip over switch or a bank angle sensor that could have been tampered with? any input is apriciated or if someone has a service manual that could walk me through some trouble shooting of the ignition system that would be cool to.
thanks, Rudy

·
Registered
605 Posts
hmm, then the plugs are probably out of the question, but then again since they had time to unplug the fuel pump...Stuart's solution to all problems = New Gas, Oil Change, New Plugs/Tune Up, Rebuild Carbs, eliminate fender :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked all the fuses I could find, all the plug wires are pluged in just no spark.
thanks, Rudy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts