Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me with the Electrical specs for an 03 Kawasaki Zx9r.
Having a possible running proble. Seems like I'm only firing off 3 cylinders. Either that or the bike just needs a GOOD running to clean it out after sitting 5 months....
New battery! New plugs! New Fuel! Fuel Filter is good! Clean Carbs! My next choice are the coils..... Can't figure it out! Trying to figure out the problem!

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
does it fire on all cylinders with the choke on ? (spray water on header to see if it burns off)
if it does run on all 4 on choke then you have a plugged pilot jet .... figure out which carb is plugged and clean that pilot...
if it doesnt fire on all 4 with choke then check for spark...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't think of that! Ty
I'm going to check the coils today! Also try your advice.. It def. (Just a little description on running..) It has no power pulling out from 1st gear. Almost as though it is only running on a few cylinders. Kind of wierd. When you rev it; its not a smooth increse but more of a gapped pressure sound! **** hard to describe. (Hence sounds like only limited cyliners are firing!)

·
Registered
522 Posts
On top of what QKEN said check the vacuum takeoffs on 1 and 4 pot are reconnected, it'll be the pipe that also feeds the vacuum-switch atop the cambox.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts