Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure which pipe i should get. Im thinking between the pc platinum with the pc shorty. The fmf fatty with the fmf shorty. Last the fmf sst with the fmf titanium. I really like the look of the sst and the titanium but i want the one that gives the best overall power increase. Which one would sound the best and which one will be the best power? I heard they are all sick especially the sst but i also heard that the sst is not a good pipe that it actually loses power...anybody have any of these pipes that can tell me what to get? thanks

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Dont get a pipe yet. Wait for a couple months until you get completely ready for more power(Not that one gives you that much). I don't think you are wringing the neck on your "new" 125 yet.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey yurfat....whats up? so i went to jersey yesterday and i was riding the 125...man that thing is sickkkk! there was a lot of woops and i was riding my 100 and my buddies on their quads were flyin past me...i went back got my 125 then things changed....i was flying past them...lol that think is fast too especially the top...3 gear and up is sweet...so i got there and the funny thing was that my bike wasnt doing that weird bogging/raspyiness...i didnt even mess with the carb then i just repacked the pipe and new plug....but then like an idiot i didnt tighten my plug good enough and im flying in 3rd gear and the bike just bogs and dies...i look at the motor and the plug rattled loose...so i went back to the camp put in a fresh plug and tightened it right and now it seems as if its doing the same thing again with the raspiness....i think its just a coincidence though i dont think it effected nothing...sorry to post all this but overall it was a sick day and i love the 125....oh and im not going to get a pipe right away i just want to know which to buy for when the time comes....i basically like the look of the aftermarket pipes and the sound....thanks

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Aha, good to hear you had fun. The PC will probably give you more mid to top, the FMF will give you more bottom to mid. Make sure you get a plated one because the "works" ones are a pain in the arse to keep from rusting.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you happen to know about anybody saying something bad about the sst? because on motosport.com the reviews everybody thinks its great but i heard its no good

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I think it depends on what bike it is on and how you ride. They are more of a mid to top pipe, and not too good for putting around with. I know there have been complaints of the SST causing bikes to ping, makes them finicky to jet, and overheating problems. I have a friend with who put a SST on his 2002 RM125 that made some good power, but within 3 hours after the pipe went on, a hole had burned through the piston. I have also heard other reports that they are great pipes. If I was you, I would search for problems and pluses, associated with the SST and the 03-05 KX125.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.