Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughters KX85 developed a serious bog situation yesterday. It happened (3) times at the track after about 10 minutes of racing. The air filter was clean, the plug was fine. With no load on the bike it runs fine, however put it in gear and it falls on its face. Any suggestions???? Thank You in advance

·
Registered
191 Posts
rev it up :D was there anything different about your ride location? humidity, temp, elevation. And did it bog off the low end but run fine up top? or just all around bad. could just be your idle air screw got hit somewhere along the lines. you too much oil on the filter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
filter issues??

My son's 60 bogged when he let the clutch out and he would have to rev it real high just to get it moving. The filter didn't look that bad but I chaged it anyway. That solved my problem. Good luck with yours.

TW

·
Registered
18 Posts
ZRCATMAN906:: make sure its getting the right amount of fuel..maybe buy a new airfilter...and in my younger riding days i had a yz80 and it would bog down alot and it turned out to be the muffler packin in the muffler so check that out..and check the whole muffler

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
how does it do when it COLD ? if it runs fine cold then its too rich once warmed up. might be air filter,air screw not set correctly,wrong plug the muffler packing is a good idea but would cause problems hot or cold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts