Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I parked my 360 this winter and it was running great, then went out about two weeks later to start it and nothing. Put a compression guage on it and only got 30 psi. Tried turning over by hand and couldnt, so I sprayed some synthetic oil in the the cylinder and was able to turn by hand, but barely. Ive taken off the top end and couldnt find anything wrong with rings or anyting up there. Plus, now that I got the top off, it still turns just as hard when I do it by hand. Was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or has had similiar problems.

P.S. I would take it to the local Kawasaki shop, but when I took it in for the 10 hour service, the hadnt put oil back in when they gave it back. So thats why Im trying to do it my self.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had read somewhere on the internet about some 360 4x4s having trouble with the bearings on the left side of the crank. Could this be the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
main bearing lockup

I had my 360 just long enough to get the 10 hour service. I bought it in May of 02 and in June it was in the shop. After I had the 10 hour service I took it home. The next weekend I got it out and had ridden it less than 1-2 minutes when it locked up tighter than $hit. They had it in the shop for two months jacking around with Kawasaki. The main bearing (not sure what side) had locked up. They ended up replacing both halfs of the case and every bearing in it! Kawasaki was nice enough to add the two months to my warranty period.

Needless to say, when my regular warranty was up I shelled out the extra cash for the extended warranty just in case I have any more issues. Since then all I've had to do was get the belt adjusted and change the oil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts