Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang! Brand new to this site and also a brand new owner of a 03 1500 vulcan classic E6. Just a quick question. I really love this bike,but it has a pretty bad vibration at a point when giving it thottle! Like riding along at maybe 50 mph it really vibrates bad. But give it a little more thottle and grt up to 60 mph and it levels out smooth. (in 5th gear,by the way!!). Is this pretty much nornal or if its not supposed to do this,then what's my problem? 9,000 miles on this bad boy!! Thanks guys for your input.. Kenny in North Carolina... :oops: :(

·
Registered
302 Posts
VIBRATION

Kenny,
Check your tire for too much pressure up front. I had a similar vibration that went away when I lowered the air pressure to what the owners manual recommended, everyone else told me to run about 8-10 psi over. And welcome to the forum!
Lonestar

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Kenny. Check out lonestar's suggestion. If it's not a pressure problem, you may need to have that tire re-balanced.

·
Registered
837 Posts
yep..about covers that issue :lol: hey kenny ..welcome to the forum

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
welcome~~

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vulcan 1500 vibration

Thanks guys for your input on my question concerning the vibration at around 50 mph. But i now have noticed that i have that same vibration sitting in neutral and giving it thottle! There is a point almost half thottle where i feel this strong vibration,then smooths out past that point. Checked the engine mount bolts (good and tight). Maybe its normal,after all i went from a 03 shadow 750 to this 1500 vulcan classic,so maybe its just me!! Thanks again guys, Kenny in North Carolina...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

on my 1600 50mph in 5th is nearly lugging the motor- i'm still in 4th at 50
run at 50 in 4th and see if it still vibes :wink:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Running at 50 mph in 5th on a 1500 does have a slight V-twin vibe, but it is not unpleasant. The 1500 has no truly unpleasant vibes due to engine/drivetrain. An unbalanced tire could create some bad vibes but would not improve at 60. The 1500 is smoother at 60 than at 50.

The 1500 will run down to 45 in 5th, but should be run only at throttle openings just above idle and not uphill or else you'll lug the engine. At 50 mph in 5th you can climb mountains with the great low end torque.

T-man

1 - 8 of 8 Posts