Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, i bought an 03 zx-6rr with a full hindle exhaust and powercommander 3 usb. i didnt like the way it sounded and wanted some more low end so i took the packing out, it sounds good but dosnt seem to have the pull toward the top like it used to. it used to pull like crazy from 10-15k rpm now i have more midrage through 12k rpm and it seems to fall off after 12k. its still fast, i was wondering what other tweaks i might be able to do, i was thinking a bmc filter and maybe adjusting the map. im not sure as to what map the bike is running since i bought the bike used from the dealer. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appriciated!!!

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Welcome to the nut house :wink:

PC's are a great addition to your bike so long as there set up correctly and this means getting it to a GOOD tunning shop who can stick it on a RR and tweek it to run with what you have fitted to your bike.

Stabbing at a Map to get it right can ultimately have the adverse effect and in some instances cause damage to the motor...

I would source the parts you want to end up with fitted to your bike then get it set up by the X'perts............:D

BMC Race filters are good :)

Thats me done :mrgreen:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts