Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D HI ALL,NEW KAW OWNER HERE,4TH BIKE BUT 1ST KAW..MY QUESTION IS CHANGEING THE EXHAUST ON THIS O4 FOR SOME MORE SOUND AND RUMBLE,NOT TO MENTION MORE POWER.tHIS BIKE HAS A CATALYTIC CONVERTER FOR EMISSIONS..CAN I TAKE THIS OFF..AN INSTALL A NEW SYSTEM..STRAIGHT THRU...WHAT HAS TO BE DONE FOR THE FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM...ANY POINTERS WOULD HELP..ALSO LOOKING FOR A SISSY BAR/BACK REST,THE SHORT TYPEABOUT 8-10" ABOVE REAR SEAT...THANKS ALL...RIDE SAFE...CHOPPERKAW

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

welcome chopper :wink:

the vance & hine duel baggers seem to be the pipe of choice for the nomad,several of the guys i run with are using them,great sound.they have removed the goat belly during the install and as long as no intake or filter mods have been done then the FI is fine.
i believe there is also some slip on's available to use with the stock head pipes,but most guys are changing out the whole system.some have complained that the inside of the pipes
need to be de-burred a little bit to get everything together easier,the chroming from the
factory is a little sloppy on the inside of the pipe sometimes-no big deal just run a die grinder
around the inside of the pipe before assembly.

mustang seats has several nice seat/backrest for the nomad also

hope this helps :wink:

ride safe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts