Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 Vulcan 1500 makes 2 chirps or whistle sounds just before the cooling fan comes on. At first I thought the ladies were whistling at me.
Is this normal and can I get this 'noise' to go away?? I will be taking it in for the 600 mile service soon and want some info on this before I look stupid asking the service techs about it. This sound has got to go.
Scott

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
TRY

Just shot a very little WD-40 or the like in your fan motors and wipe off any excess. if it doesn't work then just log it into yor book at home and tell the mechanics about it and have them take it out for a spin to hear it for themselves

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks to all who replied.... Kawi says it may just be an over-torque sometime during fan assembly. they say they will look at it when I bring it in for 600 mile service. It happens just as the fan starts turning.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Chirping

I've read at least two of the same problems both refer to the chirp just before the cooling fans start...so at least you are sure that it is the cooling fans...might be kinda neat to put an amp meter in the circuit instead of the fuse and see just what kind of current is being pulled...just for the books...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts