Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have k&n filter pods a custom exhaust, and used the stage 3 dynojet jet kit. the bike idles a little rough from idle if i open the throttle all the way it will die. if i ease it up to 2krpm then open it all the ways it kinda stalls till it hits 4krpm then jumps to redline. what should i do to try to correct this, raise the needles? i have the e clip on the third notch from top as the instructions said to start with.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Prior to installation was your bike idle ok?

Were your carbs in sync prior to installation?

If you can go more in detail about your installation just to make sure were all on the same page. If you followed the instructions - drill out and which jet # you have in there. Did you change out your pilot screw setting yet?

Daron

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes thats the way i set it and everything was fine before i did the rejet,air filter pods, exhaust. i just checked the slide movement it is opening but if is kinda fluttery should it do that or should it open steady.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
When you put the carbs back on the bike did you check to make sure that the diaphrams on the pistons were not pinched? The piston rose and fell as it should? Your cables are not hung up - including your choke cable right?

If all is in check then just want to make sure you have a good seal everywhere and then you can start with tinkering with the settings.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i set the mixture screws out 3 turns and the needles 5 notchs down. now the idle is good and it doesnt die but it is still a little hesitant at lower rpms i am going to try going back up 1 notch on the needles (a little black smoke from 6krpm to 9krpm) and maybe 3 1/2 tuns on the mixture screws.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Black smoke is indicative of being too rich - You may have to back down a little.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats what i said i am going to back off 1 notch on the needles but i think it still need a little more fuel in the lower rpm range.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
It will be a little T&E at this point. You can contact Dynojet direct and talk to the technician to help you through this part. Last time I got to talk to the actual engineer that built the system and was very informative.....

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Your welcome - In some cases you may only be able to get it close and not perfect unless you start messing with your cam and timing....

Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts