Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks. I'm new to this forum. I'm hoping that someone can help me track down a sissy bar and luggage rack that will fit this bike. I bought it for my daughter, and she loves it, but would like to customize it a bit. I have looked over the 'net but have been unable to come up with anything. Any help is appreciated.

A tuning tip for this bike: when I bought it, it ran extremely rich from the factory, and it was very hard to start and had little power. I drilled the brass plug from the pilot air mix screw. From the factory, it was out 2.5 turns. It is now set at 1 3/4 turns. Also, I removed the needle jet, and removed the shim (washer). Now the bike starts instantly, and is a pleasure to drive. It is much more responsive all the way to redline.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
DID YOU BUY THIS BIKE NEW ??????? :?: cause bikes DO NOT RUN RICH from factory,they DO NOT shim the needle from factory, they are VERY LEAN from factory. good diag/fix on the rich running problem though. :wink:
as for you parts, just go to your dealer and ask them to look thru the KAWASAKI ACCESSORIES catalog. you should be able to find the parts you want there
good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I did buy it new, and it did have a shim under the clip on the needle! I agree, most do run very lean from factory, but this one was definitely the exception. I emailed Kawasaki, and they don't have anything yet for this machine. Hoping for aftermarket. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Saddlebags

Should be able to find plenty of aftermarket saddlebags www.bossbags.com MustangSeats.com for Metrics
Even Rifle www.rifle.com has saddlebags... setting her bike up for hard bags could even be done using a National Cycle Salvage center...and having hard saddle bags that would be perfectly sized for her 125! Windscreens, paintjobs, pipes...sounds like you know how to dial in a motor for fuel/air mixture...jumping up to a set of Fiamm 129db set of horns would really surprize the crowd! LED to replace her wimp lamps with are safer and last longer and arer much brighter day or night. Kickstands can be changed as wellas most any part thqt you wnt to change. the mustang seats have backrests...but many of these parts are already setting an big parking lots of broken bikes...having braided leather clutch and front brake levers, a solo seat/removable rear seat... H-D guys have some great ideas...just use them on the intruder...Making some of these parts, having them powdercoated and then installing them are some of the most fun and personal things that you can do for someone. Having an Eagle claw Sidestand or even making her a branding iron kickstand with her first initial (women always use their first unlike us guys with Surnames that never change) having the same branding iron logo made at a custom sewing center for her vest and jacket, gloves...leathers...boots...saddlebags...the list goes on...perhaps some metric...trick or custom mirrors...There are several Metric cruiser mags on the market and no better place to look at them than a Borders bookstore, or a place where you can have a cup of coffee, tea hot chocolate...something tame and enjoy coming up with ideas...Good luck ,,,,and show us some pictures!!!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Updated

I'm not sure about how you feel about hard sadlebags and windscreens but you can also find them out there. Ther is a compny that makes a set of turn signals for the front called wingdings and they look awesome they bolt on bost sides of the headlight...and there is a company hat thas an OEM looking tail lamp section except that when you hit the brakes or turn signal the led's blow you away on the interstate. Nice 5 rows of Red LED's but the Amber ones are really bright. Again, treading on thin ice If you want to put her in some leathers... you can change the taillight assembly to one of the larger aftermarket tail lights using the LED's. Handlebars suited to her preference in height...curb lights that cancle with the turn signals, cruise-bars/engine protectors. Some great things to CO-ordinate with her over the winter season...and make her safer and the bike safer...and a lot more fun and unique! Try a before and after shots and I'd realy recommend that you keep a bok or log on a floppy and hard drive so that when you need something pulled for either yor reference or the shop you have it ready to see at anytime you need...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts