Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I've decided to buy a new bike before spring and the Vulcan 1500 Classic looks like the ticket for me. After shopping a couple dealers I have two good offers (I thinK). One is an '04 model and the other is an '05 model. Only $600 difference to go with an '05. Are there any differences other than fuel injection, and is the injection reliable enough, at this point, to make it a wise choice? I'm leaning towards the '05 unless there possible problems on the horizon.
I've ridden for 20+ years and have had everything from a Goldwing to a Sportster, and a lot in between, but this will be my first Kawasaki. My current ride is a 1982 Honda Silverwing Interstate that I bought in rough shape and totally disassembled and repaired. Nice bike, but too small for what I want now. I'll appreciate reading what you Kawasaki fans think.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Oldodge,

I can speak to this one! I have a 2001 1500 FI Classic with 23K miles...NO problems with the FI and you will love it. Cold morning, just hit the starter and GO. No choke to mess with or cranky temperature-related issues.

A bud of mine has a 2000 1500 Classic FI with 74K miles. His ONLY problems have been a clutch spring and a water pump mechanical seal. NO fuel injection related problems.

I highly recommend going fuel-injection over carburetor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
go with the FI

If there is only 600 difference, I would go with the FI. .. .I can't wait to get my 99 Nad this spring, but I do wish it was fuel injected! I wouldn't miss the chance for $600!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oldodge,
I have an 03', its carb'd, I haven't any problems with it, yes I have to choke it for cold starts, not an issue for me. One thing I've noticed since I've got back into biking is some people, or most poeple, change the exhaust pipes on there bikes. This is still not a major item but my bike (carb) is just a matter of rejetting the carb and some of the guys I ride with have had to change the computer mod or something on there FI bikes.
The 05 five is your best buy, the 04 has depreciated more than the $600 already.
No matter witch one you get you will have no regrets.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
2003 1500 Classic carb'd version here with no problems. Enjoy whichever one you decide on. :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
i'm another 03 vulcan 1500 with carb.....And i love it!!!! Kenny in North Carolina....

·
Registered
229 Posts
Either way, you will be spending a lot of time, for years, trying to wear them out. Carbs are old school, FI is present school, but even without that equation, one year newer is worth that much, and neither one likes to break. Ride hard and enjoy. :grin:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the advice. Since I really like the Silver on the '05 and no-one forsees any FI problems I will probably go that route. Thanks again, Oldodge

1 - 8 of 8 Posts