Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 04 zx636 that had been layed over. It ran when i start it up at the dealer, but a couple of days after i got it home it doesn't want to start up. The engine turn but it won't start. Need help on what might be wrong?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ive got the same problem. I low sided my bike last weekend and rode about 200 miles immediately after. I tried starting it up this weekend and it would crank but it wouldnt turn over. It doesnt make sense. I only had plastic damage and it started up fine the prior week. We stopped about 3 times on the ride home and it fired up everytime on the first try.
I had to remove the speedometer to take off the upper fairing and bracket and I thought it had something to do with that. I tried unplugging the battery to reset everything but that didnt work. If anyone has an idea of whats wrong give a holler.
Im sure the guy who started this thread wont be able to get his bike problems fixed under warranty because he lowided his bike.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
have both you guys checked all the normal things to check , are you getting GAS, AIR, SPARK ????? verify all those things first then go from there. good luck :wink:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
If your bike tipped over it has the potential to be a plate was broken off inside the battery thus rendering your battery either dead or underpowered to start.

Check your voltage on the battery with a multimeter Don't forget to check the basics and make sure all of your cables are still connected - something could have come loose. Solenoid wire, battery cable etc......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im figuring its gotta be a cable unplugged somewhere. I think I mighta popped one loose when pulling the plastic off. Still looking though I thought I was really careful. I just havent had time to work on it so thats why Im still looking. One odd thing is the tach isnt making the normal noises is makes when I turn the key. It does its whole spiehl but isnt buzzing. Dunno.
Air, gas and spark were the first things I checked of course. The battery has plenty of juice. I can see your point though. I could see how the battery could elude losing power until it sat in the garage for a little while. Fuses are fine. I thought I might have to reset the speedometer or something, shot in the dark, and unplugged the battery and then reconnected it. Didnt work. Gotta be electrical.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts