Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proud owner of a 04 Zx6r in Blazin Pearl Orange, just picked it up yesterday!! Does anyone have suggestions on what kind of Slip-On Exhaust (A little lite in the pockets now, for a complete system) that would produce the most HP. Sound is not really important but I dont want to have it sound like a moped!!

Also I heard that High mount Exhaust will robb me some HP, and that the lower the exhaust is mounted the more HP it will produce. Now does anyone know if this true or not??

·
Registered
30 Posts
mine...

I just got my 04 zx6r in thunder candy blue!! :) It has a muzzy slip on that sounds nice, i have a friend that has a high mount micron, but its a full exhaust and that sounds realllly nice. as for the high mount vs. lower ive never heard of that... time to do some research!! :) - Lizzy

·
Registered
21 Posts
yeah, i just ordered a Micron slip-on. Haven't heard one in person, but been hearing nothing but good reviews. Check out their website, they got some awesome designs. I ordered the polished aluminum-anodized, transitioning from blue to silver. Its BADDD! They also got blue carbon-fiber which is pretty o.g. Peace out...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have heard nothing but good things about Micron, plus they have all different colors for the pipes. The sound is def. nice too....

I most likely want to get one, even though the guy at the dealer was trying to push for a Muzzy system....

Thanks for eveything, think I am def. going with Micron..

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
With a slip-on you aren't really going to find any extra power, but at least the bike won't sound so much like a moped! :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
i was looking into a full exhaust.. i want to take as much weight of the bike as possible and add some preformance the ehaust i liked is the muzzy titanium..

a friend said i will havce to rejet it or i will fry my valves..

all i wanted to do if full exhaust and air filter will i have to jet it..

also what is the weight diffrence of the muzzy and stock exhaust..

thanks..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok so yesterday i finally found a dude with the high mount micron exhaust... well actually he found me... lol. anyway i finally got to compare the sound of my exhaust (muzzy titanium slip on) to the micron one (high mount slip on)... We both decided that mine sounded better... it has a deeper rumble, it just makes the bike sound meaner... but the high mount micron wins with the looks, and it doesnt sound bad either... sooo imo they are both winners... :) also, the other day I saw two zx6r's with full highmount yoshimura Rs-3 trioval exhaust systems... talk about sweetness... the shape of the cannister goes beautifully with the bike... great sounding exhaust too... the only downside to that system is its $1900 price tag =(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does anyone know of the differences in HP gain from different full exhaust systems. From reading in here muzzy and micron seem to be the favs in here. I would like to go with a full system but may just have to go with the slip-on for budgetary reasons. Also does anyone know of any good websites to get cheap pipes.

Thanks,
Erik

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
If you have been to the Micron site you saw my bike...I had a high mount and it sounded loud...Not as loud as my Yoshi on my 600rr but loud enough.

Sound is overrated to a degree as most exhausts will be louder than stock...The next thing you consider is looks and hands down the Micron wins...

Full system? Unless you are tearing up the track...Save the money and swap the suspension down the road. The ride that offers you versus HP is huge...Not just street riding but twisties and track riding. Beleive me the 636 has plenty of HP.

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
By the way brother...Congrats on owning one of the best bikes ever made and for joining this forum...Hands down that bike is the bomb. I can say that because I have the two bikes (636 and 600rr) from 2003 and both came in 1st or 2nd in reviews and hands down the 636 was better. If it were UFC the 600rr would tap out.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
The original thread is from 3 years ago.

I don't think he's going to reply. ;-)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts