Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Someone on one of the 10 forums said the 05 10s should be out around October. So I guess the 636s should be somewhere around that time frame.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think the 636 uses the same digital cluster as my 10. I hope they change that because now I'm agreeing with everyone that the digital cluster just plain sucks. Well not the entire thing is bad but the digital tach definitely needs to be changed out to an analog one. Many times I can't tell what RPM I'm running if I spin my bike up past 8k. The problem is a combination of me being tall and my viewing angle and if sunlight hits the digital cluster just right which is pretty much all the time. Thank goodness there's a shift light.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I actually don't have that problem. I spray gunned the inside of my stock windshield with high-gloss black so the sun doesn't go through it and produce a glare on the tachometer. Yeah I can't see through it now, but I never needed to. The windscreen is so short that I would literally have to take my helmet off and set my chin on the tank just to get that low.

·
Registered
158 Posts
truthesis said:
I actually don't have that problem. I spray gunned the inside of my stock windshield with high-gloss black so the sun doesn't go through it and produce a glare on the tachometer. Yeah I can't see through it now, but I never needed to. The windscreen is so short that I would literally have to take my helmet off and set my chin on the tank just to get that low.
Well problem is I sometimes actually look through the outside of the windscreen to see the top edge of the cluster. Being 6'5" can cause that to happen. Depending on how I'm positioned as I'm riding, I do have to look through the top of the windscreen. If Kawi makes a change next year to some sort of analog cluster that has the same harness connections, I'll be first in line to order any the new cluster spare parts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
ZX10 Guy said:
truthesis said:
Well problem is I sometimes actually look through the outside of the windscreen to see the top edge of the cluster. Being 6'5" can cause that to happen. Depending on how I'm positioned as I'm riding, I do have to look through the top of the windscreen. If Kawi makes a change next year to some sort of analog cluster that has the same harness connections, I'll be first in line to order any the new cluster spare parts.
yeah, i can see how that might be a problem for you. i'm 5'7" so its cool w/ me. I think the other new bikes have that same problem. I got a couple of zuk buddies who complain about the same thing.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Colors Lime Green / Flat Stoic Black
Metallic Raw Titanium / Flat Stoic Black
Candy Plasma Blue / Flat Stoic Black
Pearl Magma Red / Flat Stoic Black
6RR-Only Lime Green

1 - 20 of 25 Posts