Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to plow last night and the unit was in 2wd. Flipped the switch to 4 wheel drive and nothing. Moved forward nothing. Plowed the drive no problem in 2 wheel drive but never could get 4wd to engage. I have never engaged the 4wheel drive switch while the unit is moving as I have heard that can destroy the front diff. A couple weeks earlier I had it on the hunting property and there were no problems or no sign of a problem. I thought maybe a fuse but there isn't one specificaly for the 4x4 function and all other functions seem to working just fine. I'm guessing a bad actuator but??? How difficult is that to replace? Expensive? Any other ideas?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Usually what happens is the actuator gets some moisture and freezes. Try your wife's hair dryer on the actuator and it will likely shift right in. Just do not overheat the unit, only make it warm enough that it is warm to touch.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! That could be it actually. We had 3-4 days with single digit temps and it's still in the low 20's during the day and single digit temps at night. I will give that a try, thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts