Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I appreciate any imput I can get here. What is going on is I'm get a slight backfire through #1 carb, only at a idle. I have checked the valves regularly. It's seems to not be there right when it starts, but as soon as she gets a little heat on her she starts to pop a little. It's not constant at all, but it is there. Do you think my valves are burnt or can there be something else causing it? Again I appreciate all your help VERY much!

Scott

·
itching to ride
2,238 Posts
Sounds to me like a valve issue. Could be carbon buildup on the valve or valve stem, or a burnt or warped valve. Have you done a compression test on it?

Run a compression check and if it is lower than the other cylinder you know it is most likely in the valvetrain.

·
Registered
28 Posts
is it a slight back fire though the carbs with the air box on or off? also go to your kawasaki dealer and get a bottle of the carbon clean pour it in to a spray bottle. take your air filter out and fog the front and rear cyclenders one at a time so that u can see the smoke comin out of the exhaust. then change your plugs there ngk cr7e. see how it runs after that i have had good luck doing that. make sure u use the whole bottle and turn your idle up so it does not stall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.