Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know what the biggest winch is that will fit? Thinking Warn at this point.

Thanks,

Troy

·
Registered
104 Posts
awscwi

The winches are basically the same size no matter what brand. They mostly look alike also. I decided to go with a cheap winch since it won't be used very often. Since you have a 600 is 2 wheel drive you may need the winch more often although with the wheels locked up it will amaze you where it will go with the 2 wheel drive. My winch is a 3500 and sure a 4000 would fit. The main thing is to get the model specific mounting kit. At a glance it looks like it won't fit but once you remove the bumper you can mount it but not much room to work the wrench but it will mount. The only problem with the bigger winch is it draws more from the battery and the battery on the 600&610 is very small and not much amps so it draws down quick on a pull. I have not replaced my battery yet, waiting for it to finally go but when I do replace it I will find the largest possible battery I can fit with the most cranking and reserve amps.

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts