Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 05 zx6r in the titanium color and it is awesome. I am just wondering why it doesn't come with the rear seat cowling. anyone know if this can be purchased separately and how much it is because I would like to have one for the bike. thanks for any help

·
Registered
13 Posts
congrats on the new bike! So how do you like it? Any problems/complaints about it? I was just looking at them this Friday. They actually had the raw titanium, candy plasma blue and a pearl magma red in stock when i went there. The bikes look sweet. Thinking i might get one in the coming month or so, but not certain yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really haven't ridden the bike because of the color but i don't have any problems or complaints as of yet. it looks awesome and is very comfortable. with the bars being a bit closer it feels really good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
customrt99 said:
I really haven't ridden the bike because of the color but i don't have any problems or complaints as of yet. it looks awesome and is very comfortable. with the bars being a bit closer it feels really good.
thanks for the feedback. Just a quick question... am i misunderstanding the response or did you maybe mean to say you haven't ridden it because of the weather?!

thanks again

Mike

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
actually from what ive seen working as a bike prep person at the dealers the bikes come with BOTH the seat and the cowling. wouldnt suprise me the dealer kept it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Could you tell me how that rear seat cowl is attached to the bike? I have been unable to find one for my 500, and am planning on making one out of fiberglass, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to attach it... Pictures would be great too, either posted, pmed, or my email is [email protected]. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
32 Posts
customrt99 said:
i found it, it is available for around $110
Any like to the site? I have the same bike and I don't allow passangers on it, so a cowl would work well for me. I already took off the rear foot pegs ;-)

·
Registered
13 Posts
The dealerships sell them for around that price. I called my local dealer last week and they want 102.50, so just try your local dealer. But i just ordered mine a couple days ago from a place called Parts Depot... paid a lil over $90 shipped from that place. Should have it this week!

that's right.... i bought my '05 zx6r last month!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'll hit up my dealership to see how much they will want, i'm expecting they will want more than what you paid, but who knows. Thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
17 Posts
any reviews yet of the 05 zx6r? it's one of the bikes i'm considering but i dont know if i'll be satisfied w/ the power. Anyone been riding on theirs along w/ others on bigger bikes? how's it compare? Thanks alot.

Jeff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts