Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my dealers last weekend and he still had an 06 that he not been able to sell. Does anyone have an opinion as to how much they feel it's worth today? I have the 900LT and have been toying with the thought of a larger bike and for the right price would not mind a brand new two model year old bike.

Thanks in advance.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
its a 2 year old floor model, he's paying inventory taxes and floor space fee's on it..

I believe the 06's were $9499 +/-

you might be lucky to bargin out maybe $8200 plus your bike in trade?

I dunno, i'm not the best negotiator

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
I agree with Spok that 8200 would be a decent price fo rthat bike but I don't know about dealing the trade either.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you guys say 8200 do mean out the door with tax and all other charges included? Also will the 1500 give me much more umph than the nine to be happy long term?

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
When you guys say 8200 do mean out the door with tax and all other charges included? Also will the 1500 give me much more umph than the nine to be happy long term?
i don't think I meant out the door...I was more saying final price plus Tax/TTL/License

i don't know where the 900 runs on top end, my one and only ride on a 900 was at 50 mph for 3 miles or so. I can tell you that on a run to montana in 05, two 800's gave my 1500 fits on top end and could do it all day for better mileage. saying that tho, the 1500 will pull like a mule on low end and have a better torque curve where you might not need to downshift to climb a hill etc and not feel so buzzy on the slab.

I personally like larger displacement bikes, maybe i'm compensating...but for me, there is no replacement for displacement

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
I'd say offer them 8200 OTD. All they can do is say no.

As for umph...yes, you will notice some. I haven't ridden a 900, but from what I understand, you'll notice a lower RPM when riding at the same speed. this should equate to less vibration.

·
Deeppurple52
2,072 Posts
New 1500's are $6999 here everyday. Do not be misled because it is "new". The second it leaves the showroom floor it is a 2 year-old bike and it will lose 1/2 of its value. It is what it is, a 2 year-old bike, price accordingly. $8200 would be robbery.

·
'01 1500 Classic FI
1,163 Posts
I was at my dealers last weekend and he still had an 06 that he not been able to sell. Does anyone have an opinion as to how much they feel it's worth today?
Well, I got my 2001 1500 Classic FI brand new in April 2002 as a non-current model for $1,650 under msrp in Santa Cruz, CA.

There's a box stock '06 1500 Classic with 2K miles for $6,999 from a dealer in Tucson, AZ. Let's say $7K slightly used + $10K brand new = $17K divided by 2 for $8,500 as a ballpark price. Depends on whether your dealer is willing to wheel and deal.

However, $6,999 brand new in Mesa, AZ ... fly there and ride back this time of the year? ;)

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
Well, I got my 2001 1500 Classic FI brand new in April 2002 as a non-current model for $1,650 under msrp in Santa Cruz, CA.

There's a box stock '06 1500 Classic with 2K miles for $6,999 from a dealer in Tucson, AZ. Let's say $7K slightly used + $10K brand new = $17K divided by 2 for $8,500 as a ballpark price. Depends on whether your dealer is willing to wheel and deal.

However, $6,999 brand new in Mesa, AZ ... fly there and ride back this time of the year? ;)
That's what I'm talking about. You would never find that kind of deal here.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
KBB value is about 7300, I'd hit them with that. Regardless of miles or condition, it's a 2 year old bike.

How is 6999 even possible in Mesa?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts