Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
What do you want the tach to do? There is a rev limiter and IMHO we shouldn't be looking at a tach or speedo to determine shift points.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
^^^^We don't "need" a tach, but I want one too. Not for shift points or rev's but just for the look and another way to monitor my mill's heartbeat.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VulcanRev... you said it. Its just nice to know... and to watch when bootin' around.

I used to ride sport bikes and I guess I just like keeping an eye on the "heartbeat"

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
What do you want the tach to do? There is a rev limiter and IMHO we shouldn't be looking at a tach or speedo to determine shift points.
Cuz if you still have the stock pipes, anything above 40mph you can't "hear" what gear you're in and will find yourself cruising the freeway at 70 in 3rd :biggrin:

Seriously though... I use mine all the time, but normally when riding the twisties in the canyons where I try to stay one gear lower than I normally would for a given speed.
I still shift by ear, but it's reassuring to glance down and see that I'm running between 3500 and 4500 and not going to lug the engine when I hit an incline.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts