Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok , last summer I noticed that the bike started to pop quite a bit when lifting off the throttle , I didnt think too much of it until yesterday. You see , I installed Roadhouse Slip-ons , well , now the popping is a real problem as it is VERY pronounced , it pops like crazy when I come of the throttle and when shifting.

I googled it a little and it appears that it can be caused by running too rich , running too lean , too much air or not enough air :confused:

The first thing I am going to do is check the plugs , as I have mainly done short trip riding and they may be a little fouled , I may also try the marbeling trick. The air filter was new last fall.

Any other ideas ? it is my understanding that I shouldnt have to add a power commander since the computer on the V2K can handle a wide range of conditions.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Dan

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
The exhaust change might have leaned it out slightly. I'd try the marble trick first. For bikes with carbs I've found that setting the mixture a little richer or raising the idle slightly also helps with eliminating it but not really sure what you can do with respect to these adjustments with your fuel injection.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback ...

i can try the marble trick very easily , compared to the plugs , but , i think i need to look at those plugs too , if i can figure out how to get the rear one out...

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts