If you concentrate on the idle miss, the others will probably go away. I have a few questions:
1. Does it do it right from start up or only when warm?
2. Is it a constant miss with a lope or intermittent?
3. If you rev up a little, does it go away?
4. Can you feel it puff at the end of one muffler?
5. How do the plugs look; sooty, black, etc? Do they both look the same, side to side and front to back?
6. Did it start all of a sudden or slowly get worse?
7. Any aftermarket add-ons, pipes, etc?
8. Has it been repaired for any other problem recently?
9. Any other history?
#1 starts about 1 min after start
#2 not constant sounds like a harley with a lope every now and then
#3 yes it goes away when you get it above idle
#5 plugs are good
#6 all of a sudden
#8 no repairs
#9 only history is lifters noisy but everyone says that is normal
I can't help other than moving your thread to the cruiser section and helping the thread title out a bit. Hopefully that, and this bump, along with the other members good input get your problem dealt with.
#4... with a miss, it is always nice to narrow it down to which cylinder. Usually with an ignition miss, when it does it, you will get a puff or pfft or maybe some extra air out of the offenders muffler. With it idling and doing its miss thing, hold your hand behind each muffler and see if you can feel a puff or some such that matches the mis-fire. This will help to determine if it is a single cylinder, and which one, miss or a random event on both.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
A forum community dedicated to Kawasaki Motorcycle owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, off-road, touring, street bikes, and more!