Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my 07 limited edition meanstreak - love it...but I am 6'2" and could use about 2-4 more inches in leg room - anyone know about forward controls or floorboards that will work on this bike? I have read the markting stuff on some of these indicating 4 inches plus on some of the forward controls - but I fear some of this is old information -not updated for 07...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Do a search on this forum.
There are several other MS owners that have added forward controls.

I think for the most part 07 models are the same as older years when it comes to chassis parts.
They are all 1500 up to 2003, then they changed to 1600 up to current models.

·
Swank
1,135 Posts
I do believe that the Jardines give the most extension -- about 6 inches. I think Mapams are about 4/4.5. For my 36" inseam, it's the Jardines FTW.

·
all things metal.
435 Posts
i just put Mapams on my meanie, because i am only 5"11 with a 30 inseam. It feels just right.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool - that is what I wanted to hear - sometimes you do not get all the info on line that is most current - I ride 160 miles round trip to work so comfort is key....

·
R.I.P. Deron Harden
2,698 Posts
I know you can put many different pegs and or mini floor boards on the Mapams fairly easily. Not sure what matches for the Jardines.

·
AKA Gravel Girl <Lola>
3,955 Posts
I have Kuryakyn ISO floorboards on my Meanie. I wouldn't suggest floorboards if you're 6'2". Floorboards will bunch you up too much. I'm 5'6" and I'm very comfortable. LOVE the floorboards. My husband is 5'9" and he felt bunched up when he took my bike for a ride. I agree with the others on the Jardines for your height.

·
Vegas Vulcan
1,161 Posts
i just put Mapams on my meanie, because i am only 5"11 with a 30 inseam. It feels just right.
I'm 5'10" and 30" inseam. I know when I sat on a Harley Dyna with forward controls I had a hard time reaching. How do you like the quality of the Mapam product?

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
just got my 07 limited edition meanstreak - love it...but I am 6'2" and could use about 2-4 more inches in leg room - anyone know about forward controls or floorboards that will work on this bike? I have read the markting stuff on some of these indicating 4 inches plus on some of the forward controls - but I fear some of this is old information -not updated for 07...
I'm 6'2" and had the Mapam's on my old Mean Streak. I have a 34" inseam, and found the Mapam's to be just the right fit. They were one of the first modifications made when I bought the bike.

I'd recommend them to anyone.

·
R.I.P. Deron Harden
2,698 Posts
ispeed77 had a set of Jardines for sale. Try PMing him.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the Jardin, at fitst i thought they streched me too far. I'm 6 foot tall. But after a couple weeks I got used to them. Mapams are a little closer in.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
ispeed77 had a set of Jardines for sale. Try PMing him.
thanks Frank !

yes, i do, let me know if you are interested. they are brand new, only bolted them on and then realized that my 5'8" frame wasn't going to work with them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just installed a pair of Kuryakyn ISO floorboards. They stick out very far from the bike, so much so that the shift peg is not over them. Anybody else have this experience with their floorboards?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts