Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to change my exhaust. I would like some feed back on different systems. I want an agressive sound and torque gain. + What else has to be changed ? Ignition box, program ?
This is my first cruiser and want to keep it looking stock but with mor power and better sound. I have serched the web and only found crome pipes. Mine are mat black and would like to keep the look.

·
Registered
104 Posts
check out some of guitar7272 posts. He has 07 meanie with bubs which he blacked out and they look good; and sound much better (and louder) than stock.

·
The Widows Son
9,126 Posts
check out some of guitar7272 posts. He has 07 meanie with bubs which he blacked out and they look good; and sound much better (and louder) than stock.
^^ What he said :p

·
AKA Gravel Girl <Lola>
3,955 Posts
I'd love to put Bub's on my Meanie just can't afford them right now. The Jug Huggers would get my vote.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Vance Hines BigShots.
http://personal.linkline.com/rlockyer/vulcan/1600startup.mpg

Sorry, the video was shot to demonstrate the FI light behavior to someone who didn't think it should be on when the key is on and the engine off, so I didn't goose the throttle... it's just a startup and shutdown shot from the seat.

My pipes do have the V&H "Quiet Baffles". I get a LOT of compliments on the sound.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Monroe
If nobody makes pipes in black mat; has anybody used Jet-Hot for bike pipes and what were the results?

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
I have the HK Stripper Staights with slash cut tips . Love the sound and the look.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Monroe
If nobody makes pipes in black mat; has anybody used Jet-Hot for bike pipes and what were the results?
Jet-Hot can be used, but prep is VERY important. If they simply coat the pipes over the chrome, they will pit and chip badly over time.
All of the chrome, including the nickel and copper layers, must be media-blasted off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts