Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Own The Day
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG. It was truly amazing. Unfortunately, I didn't find out until I dropped my friend's bike off at a nearby shop, so I didn't get the day off. As a result, I missed out on all the good stuff (demos, ride opportunities, etc). Still, the displays were absolutely amazing!

Sorry for the poor quality of the pics. Again, my going was last minute; was forced to use the phone camera. :(

------------------------------

WAAAYYYY late, and still a sea of cycles!

Sorry. Had to try it out for size. The Raider.

Forgot what this Yamaha was, but it was impressive.

·
Own The Day
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ah ha! There's my slice of heaven!

The 250 drew a lot of attention ( Saki... this one's for you ;) ).

The 250R's display (tach, speedometer, and gas gauge).

A well equipped 900 Custom.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I wonder why the stand is to the right of the 900 Custom???

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Bought my tickets today for the Long Beach show - the 3 day pass was only $20. Last year I went to the show here in Long Beach and the show in New York. It was a big surprise how much different the New York show was. Lots more people at the NY show wearing their club colors even though no one rode to the show (there was snow on the ground). The Hells Angels even had a booth - something that would never happen here.

Love the show and can't wait.

·
Own The Day
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the pics. I wonder why the stand is to the right of the 900 Custom???
My camera has a weird feature of flipping the image. :rolleyes: Didn't get to editing that one... sorry.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Wow, thanks for the pics guys. Some really nice looking bikes. Wish I could have been there.

·
Addicted to riding…
1,892 Posts
Here are more pix. I was mostly checking out the 600-650 series type of bikes, since that is what I may move up to in a year or two. The show was quite awesome. We also didn't get demo rides, because we had a 4-hour drive to just get there, and apparently all the demos fill up early.

Fast bike!

Tony had a pile of these growing up:

Yamaha FZ6

Tony picking up the new Ninja 250:

Ninja ZX6R—ooohhh! :D

Three-wheeled motorcycle? The CanAm:

·
Addicted to riding…
1,892 Posts
The show was well worth going to. It was interesting to note that there were more people checking out the sport bikes than the harleys.

Tony is making a video from clips we took yesterday; I will post up that link when it is done.

Slo'poke—sorry we didn't see you there! Maybe next year??? :D

·
Own The Day
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The show was well worth going to. It was interesting to note that there were more people checking out the sport bikes than the harleys.

Tony is making a video from clips we took yesterday; I will post up that link when it is done.

Slo'poke—sorry we didn't see you there! Maybe next year??? :D
While I only had two hours last night, I had quite a bit of fun on all the makes and models. The Kawi Concours 14 felt a bit on the tall side, but I think it's doable. Oh how I would love a VN900 that would FIT me 'out-of-the-crate'... that well equipped green one had me drooling, as did a customized version. Then there were the HD Dyna Fat Bob & Victory Vegas Low, both of which seemed to fit well (that Vegas really fit like a glove).

As for next year Liz, you, Dragon, Thmstr, and I, along with our respective others, all should go together next time. :D :D :D***marking my calendar***

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Cool pics everyone! Thanks. I plan on going to it when it hits Long Beach

·
Addicted to riding…
1,892 Posts
While I only had two hours last night, I had quite a bit of fun on all the makes and models. The Kawi Concours 14 felt a bit on the tall side, but I think it's doable. Oh how I would love a VN900 that would FIT me 'out-of-the-crate'... that well equipped green one had me drooling, as did a customized version. Then there were the HD Dyna Fat Bob & Victory Vegas Low, both of which seemed to fit well (that Vegas really fit like a glove).

As for next year Liz, you, Dragon, Thmstr, and I, along with our respective others, all should go together next time. :D :D :D***marking my calendar***
THAT is a fantastic idea! We'll have to find somewhere to meet (Kawi booth?) and set a time…there were so many people! Hmmm, I don't even have a 2008 calendar yet…I'd better go get one! :D :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts