Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there, just got shogun no cuts and i got the left side on no problem, few questions with the right side

the sliders had no instructions...
how do you install the right side, im a little condused with that notched nut thing and do i remove that? if so how?

and what is the torque pressure for the frame bolts?

thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Do not mess with the notched nut - it's called the castle nut.

The bolt that you need to remove actually threads into a piece of thread, and the castle nut holds that big piece of thread in place (it is mounted to the engine).

Your best bet is either an impact wrench (expensive unless you have one already) or a set of broken bolt/nut removers ($20 from Sears, Home Depot, or Lowes). I and many others went with the broken bolt removers and they work fine. Basically you pound this tool onto the head of the engine bolt and you stick a breaker bar or socket into it, and twist. As you twist it actually digs into the bolt in the proper direction and grabs it, forcing it out.

Craftsman Bolt-Out 6 pc. Damaged Bolt/Nut Remover Set - Model 52060 at Sears.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
right side slider

got my sliders yesterday. same as you didn,t come with directions. i didn,t mess with the castle nut at all. took r side fairing off and removed radiator hose from the radiator only. then used torches to get allen head red hot. then grabed on to allen head with good old vise grips, just the head of the bolt not the threads because that is a hollow bolt that the castle nut holds and the allen bolt goes into. then turned to the left and the allen head broke free. the long bolt your sliders came with will then make sence. not sure about torque specs,sorry. hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts