Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To hear of my days riding, continue reading. If you perfer to help me(which you should) and don't care about my personal riding, skip to the bottom.

Okay, yesterday whilest riding, I noticed that my spedometer would 'bounce' when I accelerated harder. I found, to my ADD amazment when I go from second to third my needle would drop to 00...and wouldnt jump to the speed I was going until I let off the throttle. Trust me, I was amazed. I questioned my dad about his bike(honda pfft) and if he had the same problem. Never had. Well today I got to go riding :) Talk about happy day. Well I didn't want to further experiment with my spedometers fluctuations and ride for fun, which it was.

Going down the street with the wind blowing my hair(through my helmet :)) I realized there was a girl with those big unattractive glasses on with a cute face....going about 40 through a 30. I also saw a guy trying to follow her just as fast. I was in the right lane of a 5 lane. I slowed down to let this guy follow or at least get out of my hair without killing me just because there was tremedous traffic. Well boyfriend doesnt completly change lanes and tries to speed past within inches of me. I swerved to the near edge of the right lane and let him have a full hard blast of my zippy little horn and a my hand just happened to do some other things...so did my mouth. Well now that he knew I was there and his GF speeding away. I decided I would rather drive by the beautiful river and enjoy life. I stop, get my phone out, turned my bike off, called my friend, asked him to ride with me, said he would when he finished eating. I see a couple guys from class and some girls and having a NEW full face helmet and glasses they didnt know who I was. I put her in first, sped of pretty fast. The spedometer did its thing, but when I let off to come to a stop....it stayed there. It wasnt moving. I rode a little further and the mileage tracker isn't tracking milage(on either trip or total).

Patient:
Kawasaki ninja 250r
Year 2008
Mileage 5530

Symptoms:
-While riding harder the spedo would go to 0 until I let off the gas usually after shifting into second and sometimes third
-Since this happened once, it stayed at 0
-The lights(as far as I can tell) are still on
-I cant smell anything burning(such as a cable)
-I heard a "eeh eeh" once and a while when I hold the clutch in and let off the gas at about 20-40 mph(havnt tried any faster) and I dont know if that pertain to the situation.

I just bought the bike about 600 miles ago, and im pretty sad its not working. A guy that worked at our only bike shop in little town USA said that I would most likly need to get a new guage. I really dont want to spend the money to have them do the work to find out its a lose cable or somthing silly. But I want to get riding again.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its okay guise, thanks for the help! I really appreciate all the support and help from the great guise here at BTK forums. The crisis was adverted and my spedometer can now tell me I'm traveling too fast :') im so happy im tearing up. lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts