Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone familiar with the Big Bike Parts engine guard for 900 Classic LT.

Discount Show Chrome Accessories (Big Bike Parts) 1-1/4 Inch Highway Bar - VN900 Classic (06 to 08), Custom (07 to 08)

I've searched high and low for "reviews" but have found none. Trying to find something less "circular" hanging out both sides of the cruiser with a more streamlined and closer to the peg look. Avoiding Linby guards as they don't recommend them mounted on bikes with floorboards (so one site dicates). Any information that you guyz/galz have is greatly appreciated prior to my purchasing the above. Thanks everyone!

·
Many roads -little time
157 Posts

Discount Show Chrome Accessories (Big Bike Parts) 1-1/4 Inch Highway Bar - VN900 Classic (06 to 08), Custom (07 to 08)

I've searched high and low for "reviews" but have found none. Trying to find something less "circular" hanging out both sides of the cruiser with a more streamlined and closer to the peg look. Avoiding Linby guards as they don't recommend them mounted on bikes with floorboards (so one site dicates). Any information that you guyz/galz have is greatly appreciated prior to my purchasing the above. Thanks everyone!
I put the Lindby Linbar on my 09 900LT and love them. They don't interfere with the floorboards at all. The only thing I didn't know is you have to relocate the horn when you install them, but that only took 10 minutes.

·
V2K Classic
242 Posts

I have the Show Chrome guards on the 900 and love them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx guys.... I nabbed the Show Chrome (Big Bike Parts) set on Ebay for 183.00ish, free shipping. Happy cuz they were local.... sad cuz there is state tax :mad: Still came out cheaper than any other site I've found to date:D Thanx for the info Dawg and the pic Doug it was helpful. The pic sealed the deal for me Doug... ahem.. my bike is the reverse color scheme of yours... pearl white with the titanium as stripe! Also nabbed the Kuryakyn Dually Pegs from Motorcycle Superstore (5.00 off coupon) (gift card)... all is well:cool:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright guys... I put the engine guards on my 900 tonite. Not a single scratch on any chrome parts... however.... turned on the bike to return it to its parking slip and the freekin rear brake light won't engage. So this tells me then rear brake switch has been disrupted. What is the best method to make the correct adjustments to get that thing lit up. I did have to remove/relocate the large spring to get the metal brace into position behind the foot board plate. I don't recall bumping the little spring designated for the switch.... but heck who knows. Any suggestions would be helpful! :oops:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.