Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's my thinking...

Want to do the whole LED rear light conversion, but also add a run-brake-turn kit at the same time.

Plan on getting:

Kuryakyn 4607 RBT system. Küryakyn
Clear tail lense off ebay
2x BA15 5-Watt LED bulb 1156 from superbrightleds.com
1x BA15 5-Watt LED bulb 1157 from superbrightleds.com - (total for the 3 bulbs is 100 bucks, but they're probably the brightest led bulbs with the widest viewing angle you can find - 220 degrees)

Think this will work without buying anything else?

Also, thinking of driving lights/turn signals for the front...what about the Kuryakyn Turn signal mirrors? Küryakyn

The install instructions say you may need custom flashers, but they don't say which one...just say to "experiment". Any suggestions on that one?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
10,776 Posts
Look into getting a load equalizer instead of experimenting with flasher units. And maybe a diode kit- I'm not familiar with your bike but if it has 1 green blinky light that works when either turn signal is on then you'll prolly need one. Both items can be found on Kuryakyn's website.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir! So Kuryakyn should be able to help with the mirrors.

As far as the rest of the LED conversion...does it look good?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After speaking with Kury tech support, who was extremely helpful btw, looks a tad bit too complicated for my liking. Gonna stick with regular bulbs for now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
did they confirm that the triple whammy works with the 09 custom? ive heard mixed reviews all over the place stating it wont work on the custom... im like 4hrs from my bike so i cant check the wiring to see if its a single harness

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did see those...def considering thanks boss!

Am going with the single brake LED though...at least for now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts