Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for 1 29mm mikunni smoothbore carb. The main jet is stripped out on the number 2 carb and i would love to find another carb body to replace it with. If u are sitting on the bike it is the second from the left carb that i need. Any help would be appreciated. thanks keith

·
Obsessed by Z1's
520 Posts
Keith, you don't need a body, just the jet block. The jet block is an insert held in place from inside the float bowl. The needle jet threads into it (brass about 1.25" long). The main jet threads into the needle jet.

The jet blocks are very hard to find - they are not available from Mikuni, so you will need to find a used one (or a body with one in it).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input, I took it and looked at it and seen what youre talking about. What part of upstate NY u from? Ive got a brother in law and sister in law in Schuler Lake NY right outside of Cooperstown. Would u keep an eye out for one of these for me, thanks Keith

Keith, you don't need a body, just the jet block. The jet block is an insert held in place from inside the float bowl. The needle jet threads into it (brass about 1.25" long). The main jet threads into the needle jet.

The jet blocks are very hard to find - they are not available from Mikuni, so you will need to find a used one (or a body with one in it).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts