Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have access to aviation fuel specificlly 100 low lead gas. i'm courious if I can use it in my bike or if it's too high on the old octane scale? right now i use 94 octane. do you guys and gals think it would burn to hot

·
Registered
134 Posts
SPINNY said:
i have access to aviation fuel specificlly 100 low lead gas. i'm courious if I can use it in my bike or if it's too high on the old octane scale? right now i use 94 octane. do you guys and gals think it would burn to hot
What does your bike's manual say to use? Using higher than you need to only costs more money and if it's too high in octane you can also cause detonation. Using the leaded fuel may also harm your emissions systems and cost you some bucks. The Octane rating needed is determined by the bike's compression.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
100LL

AVGAS is great for your weed eater, or even to add some to your car or truck, but your bike doesn't need it. IF you had say 300,000 miles on it and it didn't have hardly any compression left then yes it would help...but not with a newer bike like you have...Try some in a 2stroke though and you may find some found power...the best thing about the stuff is htat it dowsn't sour like unleaded does so the gas can set in aircraft day and night and stil work when they go to use it...so if you go to store your bike this winter fill it with 100LL and use sta-BIL in it and run it around the block a few times to make sure that it is actually in the system and into the carbs etc before you park it with the Battery tender on it...then during hte winter on nicer days actually take the bike out and ride it...and get the bike up to normal riding temps before you return it to your parking spot...then inthe spring it will still run and you can remove the remainder of the gas and dump it into the lawnmower can and refill with fresh unleaded!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts