Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled up to the light right outside the main gate here on a 55mph road where the average traffic is 70. I look down to witness the odometer roll over to 1000 miles; break-in rev limit over; time to see what this bike can do.

Oh. My. God. This bike is a blast. A really good launch slipping the clutch at about 9 grand, a crisp shift at 14k and I feel the front end float just a bit, 11k back to 14k like a slingshot, and I look down to realize I'm going 85. What a rush.

I really need to take it to a drag strip so I can run a 1/4 mile without having to worry about losing my license and going to jail.

It's a shame the wind is gusting like mad here right now, or I'd be out ridding now instead of typing, but I've decided to put the bike up until the weather chills out a bit this weekend. Watching me ride you'd think I was going through a tight set of twisties just to keep in a straight line. Wind isn't too bad, but strong gusty wind really kills the ride.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
When the weather chills out here....like last night....it shows 2 degrees F. on the Frost - O - Meter. :(

Enjoy the fun when you can!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Gratulations, Giska!
I've been thinking about you lately because I just bought a new '02 500R (still have the 9R and the W650 too.) All the shifting required to keep the bike below 4000-rpm in traffic has been a serious left-hand workout! She's at 465 miles now, so tomorrow will be the big day!
Haven't heard any complaints about the clutch hand from you, so I'll just assume that problem worked itself out.
Safe riding!
-Calamarichris in C'bad

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope nope, clutch hand is doing well. I'd like to say that it just toughened up, but it probably has more to do with not having to shift like a trucker. Congrats on the purchase, I know you've been wanting one for awhile. How's it compare with your other bikes?

The weather is supposed to be nice here tomorrow, so I'll be going for a ride with a couple of buddies. It'll be awsome to get a full ride with no rev restrictions.

Kris

·
Registered
607 Posts
yagiska said:
Nope nope, clutch hand is doing well. I'd like to say that it just toughened up, but it probably has more to do with not having to shift like a trucker. Congrats on the purchase, I know you've been wanting one for awhile. How's it compare with your other bikes?
The weather is supposed to be nice here tomorrow, so I'll be going for a ride with a couple of buddies. It'll be awsome to get a full ride with no rev restrictions. Kris
I finally broke 500 miles today, and so could let her rev past 4K! I named her Lolita after Humbert's little underage nymphet. I do feel a little like a dirty-old-man riding around on this bike. I'm a strapping 190-pounder, 6'2" and this bike's seat height is more suited to little 5-foot women. Feel like a shriner-clown parading around town, but every now and then I get to rail a corner with her and the low COG feels mighty nice! M-M-MIGHTY!
In the book Lolita, Humbert drove all around the country, in love with this 12-year old girl, pretending to be her father; well, I've been riding around town all week pretending to be a n00b, staring intently at the tachometer to keep her below 4,000rpm and not getting waved back to by the other riders. ('Tsall-good, and pretty funny too.)
But she broke 500 miles tonight and I was finally able to [gently] let her run a little more! :) :) She certainly won't be able to hang with Zed (my '02 ZX9R), but once I'm past 1000 miles and can really let her go, she'll be able to walk away from Chitty (my W650.)
Nothing useful in this post, just wanted to sing my joy to the HILLLLLS:

-Calamarichris in C'bad
P.S. And the table-top gastank works perfectly for my little dog's riding seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts