Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Sticky is for specific questions, concerns and feedback pertaining to the following Sportbike Models:

Ninja 10R
Ninja 12R
Z1000
ZX1100
ZZR 1200
ZRX1200R
Concours

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
What about the ZX-11 huh huh? Just giving ya a bit of greaf :p.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Whats a concour considered?

I recently got a 1987 Concour, and Im unsure where to obtain information about this bike in this forum. If you can guide me I shall follow. Thanks

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I'd say its a touring bike. I guess it would fit in as a street bike better than a cruiser.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Migz said:
I recently got a 1987 Concour, and Im unsure where to obtain information about this bike in this forum. If you can guide me I shall follow. Thanks
Sorry for taking so long to reply here Migzy and congrtulations on the find! The Concours Owners Group is an active (and substantial) bunch of folks. Do a google search for COG and Concours.org. There are even Concours-specific forums that can help you on your way. It's not just a bike (and not, as some people derisively refer to it, a platform) but an entire subculture!
http://www.morrowmarsh.ca/concours/techpages/valves.htm
http://www.ldrider.ca/techpages/index.html
http://www.concours.org/

I consider the Concours too large for me to enjoy much (and I really don't get enough time off from work to enjoy weeks or months touring on the road), but I have a baby-Concours. The EX500 is basically half a Concours engine! Same bore & stroke, (just two fewer cylinders), same valvegear, and the two bike share many other components as well. I already own, ride and love a 2000 W650 and a 2002 ZX9R, but after doing the valve adjustments on my Pa's Concours, I really fell in love with that engine. They haven't changed much since 1994, because there's no need to!

·
Red is Faster
1,237 Posts
Steering Stablizer

Anyone every have a steering stablizer on an '83 or '84 GPZ1100 (ZX1100A1/2)? Going to put one on but having trouble with fitment.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The ZX-10R: :-d.... *drool* *daydream* Um...sorry 'bout that. Just wish this rider had the skill to handle that bike. *sigh* I guess it'll be a while before I'm ready.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Neo said:
The ZX-10R: :-d.... *drool* *daydream* Um...sorry 'bout that. Just wish this rider had the skill to handle that bike. *sigh* I guess it'll be a while before I'm ready.
Well unless something changes my mind drasticly that'll be the baby I'll be pulling into my garrage next year :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Green Knight said:
Well unless something changes my mind drasticly that'll be the baby I'll be pulling into my garrage next year :)

I just purchased this baby last month and all I can say is WOW. This is some bike.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
wnowak1 said:
I just purchased this baby last month and all I can say is WOW. This is some bike.
I'm kinda interested in if Kawi will make any changes to the ZX-10R this year. Seems that it may be its turn for an upgrade. A steering damper would be nice.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Supposedly you're supposed to be able to get an Ohlins damper kit through Kawi accessories. Last time I checked, I didn't see it on the website.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
ZX10 Guy said:
Supposedly you're supposed to be able to get an Ohlins damper kit through Kawi accessories. Last time I checked, I didn't see it on the website.
I know Ohlins makes a nice damper for them... I'm just talking about the bike coming with an electronic damper stock.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Green Knight said:
I'm kinda interested in if Kawi will make any changes to the ZX-10R this year. Seems that it may be its turn for an upgrade. A steering damper would be nice.

Yes, damper would be nice. I'm guessing cosmetic changes ... Maybe under tail exhaust.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ok guys.....First time poster here....

I've got a '94 Kaw. ZX-11 (my first bike) and am looking to sell it and buy a new (or newer) bike....I want something with around the same amount of power but can't stand the comfort level of all the new ZX's....I'm 6'7" so I need a larger bike...the ZX-10R was my first choice untill I sat on one....Does anyone know the comfort level of the ZX-12R's??? I'm in "smallville" Illinois and can't find a ZX-12R anywhere to try out.....anyone have any other relatively comfortable, large sport (or S. Touring) recommendations??? Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
The ZX-12R is gonna be about the same as my ZX-9R. Its pretty comfy. I'm just getting rid of it because I want a more agressive bike. Not power wise. The 900 has loads of power, I just want a smaller profile/shorter wheel base bike. I'll be selling the 900 this winter/next spring most likely so that I can get a ZX-10R. I live in the north central part of Iowa. Just something to keep in mind :p.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dawson, I've got a ZX-12R and I love the bike. I'm about a foot shorter than you (5'8"). There are a lot of "big" guys that ride a 12 and most say they are very comfortable on it. As for the power, there's no comparison between the 11 and the 12. The 12 is awesome. If you want to find out more about "big" guys on the 12, check out Easyrider's 12 site at ZX-12r.org. There are some big boys on there. :cool:

·
Registered
25 Posts
ok, thanks guys......like I said, the new (05) ZX-10R I sat on was terrible as far as comfort.....it was a little too narrow for me as well....my knees stuck up to the edge of the gas tank....that gives me room to believe the zx-9R would be similar (as far as stance, seat height/padding, width, etc.)....maybe I'll try to find a newer ZX-11....any other comments are appreciated!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you can find one, check out a GPZ1100/ZX1100E (mid 90's, only made for about 3 years). These things aren't all out sportbikes, but when it comes to stompin' power, it's ALL there!

ZX

1 - 20 of 367 Posts