Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all;
I installed 13 Apes on my 08 Vulcan 900 this weekend. After I got everything put back together, I began to check operation of the handlebar operations, turn signals, horn etc. When I tried to start it all I got was a buzzing sound coming from around the battery compartment. And now nothing works except the horn. I have to confess that while installing the clutch cable I took the screws out of what I think is the transmission, and some fluid leaked out. When I turn the key on I have a oil pressure light, I checked and there was no oil, so I put in three quarts, which is 2400 ml and to fill it after an oil change it tales 3 l without changing the filter. I have checked all of the wires that I extended, and they all Ohm out good, no shorts and everything goes where it should. Does anyone have any suggestions besides taking it to someone that knows what the h**l they are doing?

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
Ok, you say "some" oil leaked out but seriously do you think you lost 3 quarts of oil? Seems unlikely. Is it possible the oil sight glass gave you a false reading? If too much oil was added previously, the sight glass will look empty when in fact it is too full. This may not be your immediate problem but it soon will be, if you have 6+ quarts in a bike that only takes about 3. Let's get that check done first and then take it from there. Also 3 quarts is actually 2840 ml.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts