Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
I have a Ninja 500 R, which comes with 130/70-17 rear tyres. It time now to replace the rear tyre and i wonder whether a wider tyre, the 140, will be better on this bike. I know for sure the rim will admit it. The question is if the bike wont be as nimble as with the 130 when entering corners.
will the wider tyre help gain some grip in corners?? overall, which tyre would you use??

·
Registered
49 Posts
re: bigger tire

Hey,
I also have the 500 with the 130/70-17 tire, i know that you can get a 150/60-17 tire that will fit, freakinout has it on his bike he says that it just fits without any mods, He says that this helps much much better overall (well the pirelli) I was hoping to get a bigger tire to so I can have more handling, but I will look into this tire as soon as I get some extra money, which will in about 1 year or so after i finished off paying the bike and all (**** part time jobs for 16 year olds) :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
150/60/17 fits perfectly on the rear. I'd go with a 120/70/17 on the front. I've yet to be able to get rid of my chicken straps on these. I was scrapping the bottom fairing until I raised the rear of the bike and removed the centerstand, and now I just lean over until I'm nearly scraping elbow and I still have tire left! I love the handling with these tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts