Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Give the guy a call at the number in the ad. It looks like he's a dealer, he should know and check with your local dealer. Get a manufactures name and part number. It looks like is mounts where a regular sissy bar mounts.

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
Well, I'm not going to swear by this, but it seems to me, the only difference between the 1500 Nomads and 1500 Classics, were the hard bags, Windshield, and a few other luxuries between the two. I would "think" it would fit on the Classics side rails.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well, I'm not going to swear by this, but it seems to me, the only difference between the 1500 Nomads and 1500 Classics, were the hard bags, Windshield, and a few other luxuries between the two. I would "think" it would fit on the Classics side rails.
They claim it is a Kawasaki brand part so you should be able to find it on the Kawasaki site.

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
They claim it is a Kawasaki brand part so you should be able to find it on the Kawasaki site.
Good point.
I know there are major differences between the Nomads and the Classics now, but back when they were both 1500's, I don't think there was much difference other than the extra bling on the Nomad, but like I said, I may be wrong, but my gut feeling tells me they would fit.

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
Good point.
I know there are major differences between the Nomads and the Classics now, but back when they were both 1500's, I don't thing there was much difference other than the extra bling on the Nomad, but like I said, I may be wrong, but my gut feeling tells me they would fit.
The 1500 Nomad actually has a different frame than the classic.
This backrest looks like it mounts to the Nomads bag rack, which is a pretty wide piece of gear. I wouldn't bet the ranch on it fitting without some adaptation.

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
thanks for the info folks ...

by the way, i have a torn cv rubber .. any info on how hard it is to fix or replace ? pic included ..
also, what is this frame hole for ? is it to lower my swing arm ? pic included

thanks guys ..

mr boo

You will need to remove the swingarm and driveshaft to replace the boot. Not a big deal, takes a little time, but you can grease the swingarm bearings and the driveshaft splines while you have it off. The hole is where the goats belly was attached. It's removed during an aftermarket exhaust install. Check Gadget's site for info on removing the swingarm.

Gadget's Fixit Page For Kawasaki Nomad & Classic Modification Maintenance & Repair

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.