Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '06 1500 Classic with spoke wheels. I've already had 1 flat (rear tire), it was a weekend evening so I had to tow the bike to my house then again to the garage 2 days later. Towing costs were more than repair of tire!Real p.a.i.n.

So: Needless to say, I want to replace my spoke rims with cast and go tubeless. I'm aware that the spoke rims can be sealed to make them tubeless but I personally wouldn't trust them so I want to go to cast. Does anyone know where I can get a set of cast rims and what they might cost? Thanks.

windman

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Owwww yea just to let you know I got a quote of about $1800 for the polished aluminum or about $2500 for the chromed aluminum..just to let you know. This is about the only company I can find for wheels that are decent.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nate,
Thanks. I missed that thread...

Looks like I may have to go the route of sealing my spoke rims after all. For $100 that would be a deal. Definitely can't pay $2k+ on new wheels. It would be nice to find a set of Nomad wheels but I suspect the front wheel won't fit the Classic. Thanks.

windman

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
I THINK the front end is wider on the Nad, but not totally sure. However, finding a cast front wheel isn't near the problem as it is finding a rear due to the drive shaft setup.

My experience was similar to yours. I lost two rear tires on the road within a close time to each other. Since I couldn't plug it and go, I was STUCK. That's why I changed the back and intended to do something for the front too, but ended up selling it before I changed over.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.