Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you 1500 owners have changed their coolant at the 2 year recommended interval?
I plan to do it myself this winter (bought the bike in October, 2002) and have the shop manual so I don't antipate any issues. But, if you know of any, how bout posting them?

T-man

·
Registered
61 Posts
coolant change

I did mine as well this summer but did not open the bleeders on the cylinders, It seemed to be more of a pita than it was worth to get a little bit of coolant out and I didn't want to risk a leak there, I just drained it from the bottom of the rad and took the res off and cleaned it out then refilled from the rad cap and topped up the res after a few hundred miles no problems at all

·
Registered
61 Posts
coolant change

I opened the top air bleed until the coolant came out then closed it again, I used dex-cool after using it I read some posts saying that you shouldn't use the dex-cool because after time it will clog up the chambers in the rad :( I've left it in though and will probably just change it out next year. I think the problem is when you leave the dex-cool in for a long time it can congeal but I won't leave it in for a long time. It took me a couple of hours on a saturday morning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts