Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any 1500 riders out there..got a new 04' 1500 classic...have 960 miles on it.put a corbin seat on it along with v&h pipes and a jet kit.sure does run good on these cool evenings.

·
Proud Owner Of This Forum & Beartooth Kawasaki
2,735 Posts
Welcome bud8fan, I ride a 2003 Nomad FI with Cobra pipes, would rather have Vance and HInes, waiting for my new Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 to get here! 8)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kawa,2000 classic going to be a nice scooter.would have liked to got a 04' fi but only had it in 1600 or mean streak.when 1500 becomes a hand me down,i'll go get me the mean streak at that point..boy in college and wants it already.has to wait until i get ready to change.anyway nice lookin nomad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I currently own two bikes an '03 1500 drifter with roadhouse exhaust and an '04 Yamaha Roadstar1700. Both bikes have thier virtues.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i'm still partial to the dang drifter :lol: - its so different from anything else out there, i sometimes wish i would have bought that instead of the classic -
always wondered though how hard it was to service the rear with the fender or if it comes off really easy :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
1500 drifter

No problem servicing shaft "changed the oil" with the rear fender in place. Done it twice already.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how do you like that new 1700.friend has a 2000- 1600 road star.it runs pretty good.looks like it takes the road better than my classic prolly cause it's heavier than mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
bud8fan said:
how do you like that new 1700.friend has a 2000- 1600 road star.it runs pretty good.looks like it takes the road better than my classic prolly cause it's heavier than mine.
My '04 Yamaha Roadstar 1700 is much faster then my '03 1500 Drifter, it also has better handling and brakes. The Drifter has a slightly better "softer" ride and has a smoother engine. It also seems a little less effected by cross winds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
bud8fan said:
guess i better take it in and let them check it out :(
I would go around the bike and make certain all is tight first. Especially if you installed a windsheld or engine guards.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea... :? did all that already...im puzzeled :? but every thing else with the bike is ok.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1999 Drifter

I'm looking into buying a '99 Drifter 1500. Are these good reliable bikes? It seems to be in good condition and 7k miles.
Thx.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: 1999 Drifter

smazzy4 said:
I'm looking into buying a '99 Drifter 1500. Are these good reliable bikes? It seems to be in good condition and 7k miles.
Thx.
I dont think they made the Drifter in '99. First year Drifter '01 is not the one to buy much improved the second year on. The bike is very reliable.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

oh yes - here are the specs,and even the first ones did'nt have too many problems
i know a fella who has logged over 17k miles on his 99 with no problems.
there has been a few changes made since 99 but the bikes are very reliable and look like nothing else on the road :wink:

General informationModel:Kawasaki VN 1500 Classic TourerYear:1999Category:CustomEngine/transmissionDisplacement:1470.00 ccm (89.70 cubic inches)Engine type:V2Stroke:4HP (kW):64.00 (46.7) @ 4700Cooling system:LiquidGears:5Transmission type/final drive:Shaft drive (cardan)Physical measuresWeight (dry):331.0 kg (729.7 pounds)Wheelbase:1,665 mm (65.6 inches)Chassis/dimensionsSpeed/accelerationTop speed:170.0 km/h (105.6 mph)Other specificationsFuel capacity:16.00 litres (4.23 gallons)

you may find this interesting too:
http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mckaw/drifter/drifter.html

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wow....i found my vibe problem.....the nut on the front wheel spindle was gone.got it replaced and everythings fine now...must have never got tight at the dealer.**** thats scarry.

·
Registered
14 Posts
1500 Riders

bud8fan said:
wow....i found my vibe problem.....the nut on the front wheel spindle was gone.got it replaced and everythings fine now...must have never got tight at the dealer.**** thats scarry.
:shock: That sure is scarry!...I think I will go to the garage and check the bolts and nuts on my old bike. Sometimes I will be riding along and notice the vibration at certain RPMs and wonder to myself...how much of that vibration does it take to loosen those important nuts/bolts holding everything together!
Good Luck with your 04' 1500 classic. Iam a little green with envy when I hear about everyones 200x Classics, Drifters & Nomads. Good thing I like my old '97 BUBF.
Bob917

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

:shock: i'm surprised it did'nt vibrate more than 3rd gear.
i put warhead axle nut covers on my fork ends,so i know mine can't come off :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts