Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the differences in the two engines, besides 100 cc's. Just curious and too lazy to research it.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I think they are totally different species. I'm no expert but there are several differences.

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
KawaNOW Kawasaki Nomad

Check out this link, it gives a history of the 1500/1600's. Hope this helps and is what you're looking for.
Nice link, and looking at the bikes from 04 to the updated 05 -just reminds me why I think I'm riding the BEST looking bike on the road today :wink:

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I think the frame on the 1600 is longer, but don't quote me on that.

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
What is the differences in the two engines, besides 100 cc's. Just curious and too lazy to research it.

Not much difference at all. The 1600 is a stroked 1500. A slight increase in HP and torque, but not very noticeable by seat of the pants riding.

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
A question that comes to my mind after reading this thread is why would Kawi even build the 1600 engine when they already had a winner with the 1500??Some things the 1600 classic has the 1500 doesn't is dual front disc brakes and tubleless tires with cast rims. I am sure there are more differences and others will add to this.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A question that comes to my mind after reading this thread is why would Kawi even build the 1600 engine when they already had a winner with the 1500??Some things the 1600 classic has the 1500 doesn't is dual front disc brakes and tubleless tires with cast rims. I am sure there are more differences and others will add to this.
My point exactly....enginewise, I only see a stroked 1500........gotta be more difference than that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts