Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all,

I've got a 96 1500 Vulcan classic that won't start. I was riding one day, all was well. Went to go visit a friend, shut the bike down and when I was ready to leave she wouldn't start.

The battery went dead, so I bought a new one and she still wont start. Checked all the fuse's and connections. Still no luck. I have the repair manual but I still cant seem to find the problem. Has anyone out their had this issue if so, what was it and how did you resolve it.

I miss riding my bike, Please help. Oh, and YES I do have fuel in it.

Thank you all in advance for you help and advice.

Classic Mad Kaw

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response Twopoint.

It's not turning over nothing, Nada. Turn the key, instrument panel lights turn on, on head light, press down on the starter switch. Dead. No sound, no nothing.

I'm stumped, I love this bike she runs great, I've never had this problem before. The bike has fuel new plugs, wires etc.

I hope someone can help out with this one.

Thanks,
Classic Mad Kaw :redface: :?:

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Asking the obvious - have you checked the kill switch? You may have accidentally bumped it.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I am assuming that your starter does not turn.
1. Is your neutral light on?
2. Will it turn if you pull in the clutch?

If the above does not work, go to your junction box and check for 12v on the black/white wire when you push the start switch.

Post back with your results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same exact issue with my 2002 1500. It’s the clutch switch. Is just vibrates out sometimes. Just gotta plug it back in. Easy day :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would the headlight not come on as well cuz I have the same problem just my head light isn't coming on is my only difference

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know. Sounds weird, right? Exact same issue with my bike though. Everything else came on but the headlight too. Once it fired up, it came on again.

·
Registered
750 Posts
This is intentional headlight behavior and is controlled by your Reserve Lighting Unit. The headlight will not come on until the Reserve Lighting Unit sees power coming from the alternator.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts