Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Love my 1500!
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed the small Kawi windshield (15 3/4" high x 21" wide) on my bike. I still get some buffeting even with the lowers. I'm wondering if going to the large Kawi windshield (19 3/4 high x 23 3/4 wide) would make any noticeable difference.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
The bigger the windshield, the better. It just depends on what you want. I didn't like my full windshield. I liked the open air of no windshield, but it came with a price. The force of the air was always trying to blow me off the bike. The windshield I have now is roughly 14x14. It keeps the air blast off my chest, which is what I wanted. Not for everyone, but suits me just fine.

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
the taller the windshield, the higher the buffet point will be. However, if possible, try adjusting the angle of the windshield. I just have a little fly screen, but when first installed i had it setup almost straight up and down, and the wind was buffeting me in the face really bad. Then I angled it back a bit and now I dont really get buffeting at all. Just a smooth flow of air.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
yes the bigger the shield is the more protection it will provide against air or other elements. I use the cafe (samll oem) because it looks nice and keeps the air pressure of my chest. for face protection I use a 3/4 helmet but then again i love to feel the wind in my legs, head and arms

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I went to a larger windshield, too. I haven't had any buffeting problems since I did.

·
Union Strong
1,142 Posts
I have the smaller F&S w/lowers, no buffeting at all.

Of course I'm only 5' 6 & 9/16" tall.....and wear no helmet or just a skid lid when the law requires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts