Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm comming home, there isn't a car on the interstate, so i decide to get home a little bit quicker, so i open my ZX-9R up a little bit and bring it up to about as fast as it's still comfortable to ride for me (any faster and it's no longer fun, just a chore) and i'm crusing at around 125-130 MPH. anyway, about 3-4 miles from my exit guess who i see (you guessed it, Mr. Occifer) seeing as i'd passed 2 cars about 4 minutes ago and not seen a single one since, i figgure it shouldn't be too hard to get to my exit before Mr. Occifer. so leaving it in 6th i go WOT. well let's just say i don't really care to be going above 160 again (not that i actually looked at the speedo, but i'm guessing that my '96 ZX-9R can top 160). fastest i've gone before would probally be 155-160 but we are talking just opening it up getting there and getting on the brakes. i've got to say, somewhere above 160 the aerodynamics get very interesting, i had my helmet practally on the tank and it was still getting hit quite hard by the wind. and the one corner in the road (banked, and almost not even a corner at legal speeds) well, i was leaned over a good 55* (small corners suddenly become big corners at speed...). oh yeah, and after getting off the interstate and on my way home it seemed like i was going very slow doing 65 (back country roads, normal speed). i've got no clue how fast i was going, and quite frankly it was quick enough. going that fast is one heck of a chore (props to the MotoGP guys, ****). i've been wondering for a while what going that quick on a bike is like, and after doing it, i have absolutely no desire to do it again. the most important thing, i'm safely at home, and another plus is the bike is safely in the garage. anyway, any thoughts guys(and gals)?

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
You're stupid to be runing that fast and extremly lucky to be alive.

Guess you will have either learned something or you will become a red road smear one of these days.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Things that you never expect can happen. I good friend of mine was hired by the Los Angeles County Sheriffs department and on the way home he happened to be driving fast, but by no means out of control. 50 in a 35. A drunk driver happened to cut him off and when he reacted swerved into the oncoming traffic lane and killed a motorcyclist.

Outcome
1. Motorist was killed and he has been in great depression - the what ifs.
2. He lost his license and is not allowed to drive.
3. He lost his job at LASD.
4. He was sent to prison - yes - no record, but because he was speeding
and they were able to prove that he was based on his skid marks -
they ruled he was wreckless driving.
5. After many petitions and a letter from the victims family we were able
get him released early.

Fast forward - He is now working in a low paying job because no one will hire him - ex-felon sentenced as manslaughter. He cannot be a Peace Officer as he has a felony. His dreams and ambitions are turned upside down and he owes restitution from the civil judgement against him.

You never know how your actions will effect your priviledge to drive. Next time take the easy route and just take the ticket.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I still havn't decided what I would do if I passed a cop doing 30 or 40+ over the speed limit. I don't think I would be able to tell you untill it happens. Half of me says slow down, and other half says beat it down the road.

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Green Knight said:
I still havn't decided what I would do if I passed a cop doing 30 or 40+ over the speed limit. I don't think I would be able to tell you untill it happens. Half of me says slow down, and other half says beat it down the road.
Awfull hard to out run Mr Motorola especially if they get you're plate #

Just watch out for Clear Lake, you would make a small splash in that puddle :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
487 Posts
if I'm doing anything wrong and am caught at it I will be a man and face up to my actions.
As a matter of fact my concience will always beat me up even if I think I got away with something.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RampRat Sr said:
Green Knight said:
Awfull hard to out run Mr Motorola especially if they get you're plate #

Just watch out for Clear Lake, you would make a small splash in that puddle :lol: :lol: :lol:
yeah, if they've got your plate number, your kinda screwed... if they don't have your plate number though, your options are open. it's really hard to say what you'd do, i mean i couldn't have told you that i'd drop the hammer and get the heck out of dodge before i did it. but when it happened, it was kinda like "i've got 3-4 miles to my exit, there's no traffic, and i know the road like the back of my hand, i can make it" and from there it wasn't that long before i was at my exit. i got there and headed off on my way home through the nice maze of back country roads.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
vaporgas2000 said:
if I'm doing anything wrong and am caught at it I will be a man and face up to my actions.
As a matter of fact my concience will always beat me up even if I think I got away with something.
just out of curosity, is your concience beating you up for all those times you've gotten away with going 2-3 mph over the limit in a cage?

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Green Streak said:
yeah, if they've got your plate number, your kinda screwed... if they don't have your plate number though, your options are open. it's really hard to say what you'd do, i mean i couldn't have told you that i'd drop the hammer and get the heck out of dodge before i did it. but when it happened, it was kinda like "i've got 3-4 miles to my exit, there's no traffic, and i know the road like the back of my hand, i can make it" and from there it wasn't that long before i was at my exit. i got there and headed off on my way home through the nice maze of back country roads.
I've helped pick up 8-10 car drivers & 3 motorcycles who "knew the backroads" trying to out run the police.

Yep, they got the jump on them but sooner or later you're numbers up & you will crash & burn. No skin off my azz if you crash and burn just as long as you do not take anybody out with you. However, God help you if you hit another car or anybody else cuz I sure as hell won't make you're life any better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RampRat Sr said:
Green Streak said:
I've helped pick up 8-10 car drivers & 3 motorcycles who "knew the backroads" trying to out run the police.

Yep, they got the jump on them but sooner or later you're numbers up & you will crash & burn. No skin off my azz if you crash and burn just as long as you do not take anybody out with you. However, God help you if you hit another car or anybody else cuz I sure as hell won't make you're life any better.
i'm not sure, you may or may not have misunderstood me, the section of road i was doing superlegal speeds on was an interstate highway (I-75 to be specific) and the section of I-75 was the one i knew like the back of my hand. the back country roads, crap, there are sideroads, even thinking of running from cops on those roads is stupid because anyone could pull out in front of you (read: i wasn't running from the cop on the backroads). it may be an insignificant difference, but the road i was running wide open on was a limited access interstate highway with no traffic in sight, not surface streets where anyone could pull out in front of me or i ran the risk of running into a building

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Green Streak said:
i'm not sure, you may or may not have misunderstood me, the section of road i was doing superlegal speeds on was an interstate highway (I-75 to be specific) and the section of I-75 was the one i knew like the back of my hand. the back country roads, crap, there are sideroads, even thinking of running from cops on those roads is stupid because anyone could pull out in front of you (read: i wasn't running from the cop on the backroads). it may be an insignificant difference, but the road i was running wide open on was a limited access interstate highway with no traffic in sight, not surface streets where anyone could pull out in front of me or i ran the risk of running into a building
Sounds to me like you are trying to justify you're stupid actions.

Feeling guilty for pulling a stupid human trick :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
This thread is unproductive. It was quite unproductive from the beginning. Running from the police is stupid. Going over the speed limit is stupid. More than doubling the speed limit is stupid.

And now this thread is locked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.