Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I learned today...

Today I went to the Kawasaki Custom Cruiser Road Show in Southern Cali. I went to show off my new blue meannie and get some of my questions answered by the Kawasaki guys themselves. I met Harry and Brent, two guys that work at Kawasaki headquaters in California. They were very friendly and knowlegable and best of all, willing to offer help and advise! From Harry I learned that during the break in period, it is o.k. not to baby the bike. You can go over the 3k rpm limit, and to some degree, you should. Off course you should not be doing 80 mph in second gear, but you should ride the bike like you own it. Not like you just stole it, but like you normally would. This helps everything set in nicely. Above all, use common sense. Two things he did mention you SHOULD NOT do. Do not ride the bike at a steady speed, for example 60 mph, for an extended period of time. But worst of all.... You should not lug the bike. Do Not force the bike to pull from low rpm's. He said that the worst thing you could do during the break in period was to lug the bike. You want the bike to rev a little high than too low! He said that lugging the bike can cause problems down the road. He mentioned that some people are so affraid of over reving or going over the 3k limit that they lug the bike. Great advise Harry, thank you. Brent gave me some tips on customizing the bike. I mentioned that I was not too happy with the mirrors. I was not able to see right behind me while riding and it was getting a little annoing. He told me that you can actually pull the handgips outward a little along with the break and clutch levers and possible gain the inch or so. This will move the mounting hardware of the mirrors outward, hopefully providing me with the extra inch or so that will enable me to look right behind me. He also mentioned that the emblems are double sided stick tapped on. If I wanted to, I can use fishing line to safely and cleanly remove the emblems. I may do this to give the bike a more custimized look. I had a very good day at the road show including free soda and pizza! Took about 15 or so pictures, mostly of the customized meannies they had, and got some great information along with contact names and numbers for when I am ready to customize my own meannie. Let me know if you guys would like to see some of the pictures I took. Oh, by the way, they let you sit on the bikes and fire them away! By doing this I also learned that I prefer the mustang seat over the corbin and I love the sounds of the Muzzy Pipes!

Tony

·
Registered
272 Posts
8) Post all the pictures ya got my man :D :D

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i bet that was fun!!

very very true about lugging these bikes-they like good rpm's and good oil
pressure :wink:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it was great fun! Where should I post the pics? I'll have to resize them since they are about 1.2 mb each (3.1 megapixel).

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Good recap from you day of fun. I'd like to see the pics too

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I posted some pics on the photo gallery section. Hope you guys like them...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts